Published: May 31, 2010
This user guide provides an overview of features and functionality of Pims Project Portal module.
The purpose of this module is to provide a single point of entry for users to find relevant project information and Pims Modules they have access to. The information is made easily accessible through a web-based front-end and can be shared with internal or external project team members.
The Project Portal provides:
- A Navigation Structure, that allows you to navigate the different information and modules made available to you
- News Articles, typically used to provide a quick textual description of the project, as well as communicating important news related to the project
- A Contact Spotlight, which randomly selects one of the Project Contacts to be displayed to the whole team, thereby contributing to increasing team spirit and awareness
- A Photo Gallery, which is typically used to share photos of team events and construction progress
- A Project Calendar, which is typically used to share common project events
- A TeamDocuments listing, which provides links to the TeamDocuments with unread updates
- A Task Section, which provides links to tasks pending your action.
The Project Portal is administered through the Windows Client (CR3) while the users interact with the portal through the Web Client.